Scholarship Application Information
The 100 Black Men of America Tallahassee, Area Chapter Inc. is committed to empowering the youth in our community to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential. In addition to engaging in Mentoring, Educational, Health & Wellness, and Economic Development, we feel it is important to aid in developing talented young Americans in pursuit of higher education. With the aid of gifts provided by our corporate sponsors, the 100 Black Men of America Tallahassee, Area Chapter Inc. is able to provide scholarships to deserving Tallahassee area students.
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating High School Seniors of Leon, Jefferson, Gadsden or Wakulla County who will be entering an accredited two or four-year College or University Fall 2017. The Scholarship will be provided to an individual who has maintained at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 grade point system; scholarship will be provided on an equal opportunity basis regardless of race, sex, creed or religious preference.
Complete Scholarship Applications must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2017. Scholarship winners will be announced and honored at the 2017 Black Tie Gala.
100 Black Men of America Tallahassee, Area Chapter Inc.
P.O. Box 6218
Tallahassee, FL 32314
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average to be considered for this Scholarship. (Official High School Transcript is required with application submission)
- Applicants are required to submit an essay (1000 -2000 words) that must include a brief biography and how this scholarship will assist in your future goals and career objectives.
- Application package must include the following:
- Completed scholarship application
- Completed Essay
- Official Transcript
- Documented volunteer activity
- Copy of College or University Acceptance Letter
- One Letter of recommendation letter from a teacher or from non- family members.